At your credit union, we do the worrying for you. We have established strict security standards, which provide protection for your credit union accounts.
Security Overview Below is a general overview of the precautions that are taken to ensure that your online visit to your credit union is safe and secure.
- Authentication In order to use our online services you must have an account number and a password. Credit union employees do not have access to your password. If your password is entered incorrectly three times at the login page, your account will be locked out. You will then need to contact ACU to be authenticated and unlocked.To maintain high levels of security the following recommendations have been established for selecting a password:
- When selecting your password, do not select one that is easily known by others.
- Do not give your password to anyone.
- Change your password every 180 days.
- Encryption We require the use of a secure browser to access your account online. Your browser must be equipped with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) with 40-bit or higher encryption to communicate with our servers. We encourage you to use 128-bit encryption.
Frequently Asked Questions You have questions. We have answers. Below are a few frequently asked questions regarding security. If you have additional questions please contact us.
- How do I know that I am in a secure site? Depending on your browser, you will know you are on a secure site when you see a lock (MSIE) in the bottom right hand corner of your browser or a blue lock in the bottom left corner (Netscape). The URL address in a secure site will read https://. The ‘s’ indicates a secure page using encryption.
- How do I protect my online account? Protecting your online account is easy. Follow the steps below to keep your account safe:
- Memorize your password (PIN). Never write it down.
- Change your password frequently.
- Never leave your online banking session unattended. Always “log out” when exiting.
- What if I believe that someone is using my password for Online Banking? It is critical that your online password remains confidential. If you believe that someone is using your Online Banking password, contact the credit union immediately and change it yourself online.
Thawte Your Credit Union participates in the Thawte secure site program. Thawte is a top secure site company that is known around the world for providing trust and security to companies web sites. This service is provided to prove that ours is a trusted and secure site. This program guarantees all information sent to our web site from a SSL session is encrypted.
Browser, OS and Platform Requirements ACU supports the following internet browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 for (Windows, Mac, Unix)
- Safari v1.2 and higher for (Mac)
Due to the amount of browsers and operating systems on the market today, we are unable to test and support all versions, other platforms may be compatible but optimal viewing and navigation may not occur. This list was based on the most popular browsers used to view this site.
- AOL version 7.0 and higher
- Firefox 1.0
- Google Chrome
- Netscape versions 7.0 and higher for Mac
- Netscape Navigator 7.0 and higher
- Safari 1.0