America Saves Week 2021
February 22nd marks the first day of America Saves Week 2021.
As part of America Saves Week, we will be posting helpful hints and resources that will help you start saving or find ways to save more. This week we focus on 5 ways to save.
- Saving automatically – The easiest way to save? Automatically! It doesn’t matter how much or what you’re saving for, when you make the smart decision to have a portion of your income automatically deposited into a savings account, you have increased your chance for success.
- Saving for the unexpected – The past year has taught us that we must be prepared for the unexpected. While we all have future savings goals, having an emergency fund to support present unaccounted for needs, like a car breakdown, dental bill, or even a last-minute fun treat should be a top priority.
- Saving to retire – It’s never too soon to prepare for retirement. In fact, the earlier you start to prepare the easier it is to save. We know that very few Americans have a plan for retirement savings that will cover their desired lifestyle.
- Saving by reducing debt – It’s time that we recognize that by paying down debt, we ARE saving! Actively reducing your debt means you’re saving on interest, avoiding late fees, and maintaining or increasing your credit score.
- Saving as a family – How much better would we be with money if we were intentional about teaching good money and savings habits at a young age? Let’s focus on the tangible and intangible ways we can positively model and influence children and teens when it comes to money, spending habits, and saving.
By taking the America Saves Pledge, you will have access to articles and resources designed to help you save and to stay on track throughout the year.
TAKE THE PLEDGE http://bit.ly/aspledge
ACU is here to support you while you build your savings and achieve financial stability. Be sure to like us on FB and follow us on Instagram for savings tips and helpful resources!