ACU offers the following savings plans:
Why do we call our savings accounts share accounts? It’s simple. When you open an account with us, your deposit represents your ownership share of ACU. With just $25 in your ACU Share Savings Account, you are on your way to enjoying the many benefits available through ACU membership. Open an account to become a shareholder of ACU today!
Benefits of ACU’s Regular Share Savings:
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
- Earn dividends (credit union for interest)
- Open multiple Regular Share Savings to achieve your savings goals
- Transfer between accounts easily through our mobile app
- Unlimited deposits
- Immediate access to your funds
For a sound investment that won’t be affected by unpredictable market fluctuations, consider an ACU Share Certificate. On average, these certificates of deposit give you 10 to 30 times the return compared with a regular savings account — and it only takes about five minutes to set up. In addition, your funds are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration Share Insurance Fund.
With an ACU Share Certificate, you get:
- Competitive interest rates that are higher than Savings and Money Market investments
- Minimum opening deposits as low as $500
- Terms options ranging from three months to five years
- Your choice of Flex, Standard, or IRA and Jumbo options
If the holiday season brings more financial stress than joy, here’s a solution: join the Christmas Club and save for holiday expenses throughout the year. You simply set up a savings account that can’t be accessed until it matures in November. That way you have money available when you need it, so you can enjoy the season even more.View current deposit rates
If you have a healthcare plan with a high deductible, a Health Savings Account (HSA) can offer valuable peace of mind. HSAs give you:
- Tax-free benefits. You can make deductible contributions and accumulate earnings tax free (see our current deposit rates). Distributions are also tax free as long as they are used for qualified medical expenses.
- Flexible spending options. HSAs can be used to pay for or reimburse qualified medical expenses for you and your family members. These include health insurance deductibles, co-payments, certain over-the-counter medications, and out-of-pocket expenses. You may also have the option of paying a qualified medical expense with a check or debit card. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
- Year-to-year savings. HSA balances automatically roll over from year to year, allowing you to budget for health expenses and build up savings to cover qualified medical expenses when needed.
- Flexible contribution options. HSAs are individual accounts that you own, so you can take them with you when you leave a company or change jobs. In addition, your employer may choose to make contributions to an HSA as an added benefit to you. If so, you may take a once-in-a-lifetime tax-free distribution from an IRA to fund an HSA. You are also eligible for a catch-up contribution if you are age 55 or older by the end of your taxable year and have not enrolled in Medicare. Contribution limits are as follows:
Just beginning to plan for retirement? An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is the perfect way to start.
With ACU, you have the choice of an IRA Savings or an IRA Share Certificate. In addition, we offer three options for IRAs including Traditional, Roth and Educational programs.
ACU IRAs feature:
- Competitive Dividends: Compare our rates with other financial institutions.
- Automatic Payroll Deduction: Contribute to your IRA automatically without having to schedule payments or visit a branch.
- The assurance knowing your IRA account is federally insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
- Convenience: Opening an IRA is simple. We do the paperwork for you.
- 24/7 Access: To your IRA account through Mobile Banking, Online Banking, and Phone Teller audio response system.
On average, ACU’s Money Market Account offers higher returns than traditional savings accounts or short-term certificates of deposit. It also allows you to conveniently add or withdraw money up to six times per month.
Key benefits of our Money Market Account include:
- No monthly fee
- Simplified structure (no re-guaranteeing)
- Up to 6 pre-authorized transactions per month**
- An optional debit card**
- A tiered rate structure that is competitive and easy to understand
** Terms and conditions: The terms applicable to your Deposit Accounts at ACU are provided in a separate Truth–in-Savings Disclosure. Fees may reduce earnings. A withdrawal will reduce earnings. No more than six (6) pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfers may be made from your money market account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month.
A Performance Saver account is ideal for those working toward a specific savings goal such as a down payment, new car, or a vacation. In exchange for agreeing to not access the money in the account for one year, you’ll earn a higher dividend rate. Then, after a year, you can withdraw the money or roll it over and keep saving.View current deposit rates
Terms and conditions: $10 minimum opening amount required. A minimum daily balance of $10 is required to earn the current Annual Percentage Yield. Maximum of $5,000 total deposits in any monthly period but you must make at least a minimum of $10 in deposits every month. If the account does not receive the minimum monthly deposit the dividend rate will default to the Regular Share rate. No withdrawals are allowed before maturity. Penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Penalties may reduce earnings.
ACU’s Veterans Family Fund lets you support our men and women in uniform while you build your savings. Here’s how it works. When you purchase an insured six-month share certificate, half of its earned interest will go to benefit veterans and their families, many of whom face overwhelming challenges here at home. You receive the other half of the interest plus a tax deduction for your contribution. You’ll also get competitive dividend rates.
For more information or to open a Veterans Family Fund share certificate, please contact us.View current deposit rates
Young adults between the ages of 13 and 17 can open a Teen Checking account when a qualified ACU member signs on as a joint account holder.
The Tree Fort Club allows kids 12 years of age or younger to open their own savings account with a minimum initial deposit of just $1 and a qualified adult ACU member as a joint owner on the account.Learn More