Staying Safe at the ATM
When using an ATM, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take basic safety precautions. Here are a few tips that can help you stay safe while using an ATM:
- Before using the ATM, look around for any suspicious activity or people who might be loitering nearby. If you feel unsafe in any way, don’t use the ATM and go somewhere else.
- If you have to use an ATM at night, try to find one in a well-lit area or consider using a drive-through lane instead.
- Use your body to shield your PIN when entering it into the machine. It’s also a good idea to cover the keypad with your hand.
- Be aware of any strange devices that may have been attached to the ATM machine, as they could be skimmers used to capture your information.
- Always take your receipt and check it against your statement for accuracy before leaving the scene. The ACU Mobile App is great for checking your account while on the go.
By following these tips, you can help ensure your safety and protect your information when using an ATM. Stay aware, stay alert, and stay safe!