- This event has passed.
Beach Bash at Shoreline Park
BBQ competition, outdoor games, sandcastle-building competition, rock wall climbing, crafts, back-to-school swag, slip-and-slide and much more!
JBLM MWR is throwing an end-of-summer party Saturday, Aug. 13 and you’re invited! Park your car at American Lake Conference Center and we’ll take you out to Summer Cove (by Russell Landing Marina) for a day’s worth of games, food, giveaways and water fun 11 a.m.–6 p.m.
Here are some of our planned activities:
• Family activities — outdoor games, sandcastle-building competition, rock wall climbing, crafts, slip-and-slide, tug-of-war, giant Jenga, cornhole, bounce houses, water slides and much more!
• A FireFest™ barbecue competition for Fields of Friendly Strife points — enter the barbecue competition before the event for a chance to win a grand prize and bragging rights for your unit. Each team can have up to six people, with at least one team member representing their military unit. Click here for details and event registration.
• Live stage entertainment — Darin Jones & Last Men Standing (country music), plus Disney Cruise’s tribute bands for The Beach Boys and The Beatles.
• Free kayak, canoe and paddleboard rentals on site. Please take the required free paddle sports safety course at boaterexam.com/paddling. Tour around American Lake with our free pontoon boat rides!
• Back-to-school swag, sponsor booths, giveaways and vendors selling refreshments.
Please note that you won’t be able to park at Russell Landing Marina or Summer Cove the day of the event. We’ll transport incoming participants from the American Lake Conference Center parking lot to the event and back throughout the day.