Why drive to the credit union branch when you can deposit your check using your mobile device? Just take a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check using ACU’s mobile app.
Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
1. What apps support the mobile deposit feature?
Currently the downloadable ACU apps for iOS (excluding the iPad2) & Android devices are supported. (Please note that ACU Mobile Deposit is compatible only with the iPad 3 at this time due to camera specifications necessary for accurate image capture.)
2. What are the eligibility requirements for using Mobile Deposit?
1. Valid ACU savings/checking account in good standing.
2. You must be enrolled in Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
3. What if I’m not eligible to use mobile deposit?
Call 253.964.3113 to review your account.
4. How do I make my first Mobile Deposit?
- Log into the ACU mobile application and select the “Mobile Deposit” button from the Main Menu.
- Endorse back of check.
- Select the account into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter the amount of your check.
- Capture pictures of the front and back of your check. Remember all four corners must be viewable. Click submit.
5. Will there be a hold placed on the funds?
A 3 to 4 business day hold may be placed on the check, unless you are given special privileges based on your relationship with ACU.
6. Is there a limit on the amount of deposits or number of deposits I can make?
There is a maximum $5,000 daily check limit.
7. How will I know when my check has been posted?
You will receive an onscreen confirmation indicating that the deposit was completed successfully, as well as an email confirmation. You can also check your ACU transaction history in mobile banking or online banking.
8. What do I do with the check after depositing it?
It is recommended you retain any check deposited for 60 days. After the 60 days, you should securely destroy the check.