The security of your information is important to America’s Credit Union (ACU) and something we take very seriously. We have processes, systems and experts in place to assist in monitoring and protecting your accounts from fraud. We also need your help to fully protect your accounts. Following these security do’s and don’ts will better protect your accounts and personal information.
- Use updated anti-virus software on your computer.
- Ensure your mobile device or computer is updated to the newest operating system.
- Notify us any time your contact information or mailing address has changed.
- Use ACU’s Online or Mobile Banking to regularly monitor your account activity.
- Sign up for account alerts to notify you when key events occur on your account.
- Use Card Controls in ACU’s Online or Mobile Banking to turn off your Debit and Credit card if lost/stolen.
- Use strong passwords for all online activities.
- Activate your ID Theft Monitoring Services (Provided by NXG Strategies for Affinity Plus checking account holders).
- Do not use unsecured public wi-fi to access sensitive information/accounts.
- Never send money to someone that “accidently” sent you too much and wants you to wire them the overpayment.
- Never click on emailed links or open attachments unless you know the sender and are expecting the information.
- Never provide personal or confidential information including Online Banking Security Alert Codes or account numbers in response to any unsolicited phone call, email, or text.
- Do not use Zelle® to send money to people you don’t know and trust or pay for goods and services because there is no buyer protection program.
- Never re-use your ACU Online or Mobile Banking passwords as passwords to access other sites.
As a reminder, ACU will never contact you via phone, email or text to request personal or confidential data such as account numbers, card numbers, passwords or personal identification numbers (PINs).
If you have any questions or concerns you may call us at the number printed on your account statements, the number on the back of your Debit and Credit card, or at 1-866-968-7128 for assistance. We are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM or Saturday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.