ACU checking accounts come with mobile banking, eStatements, eAlerts, eNotices, Online Banking, Online Bill Pay, ability to download account history into Quicken & QuickBooks, and phone teller service. Learn more about ACU checking options below.
Affinity Plus Checking
Affinity Plus earns 2.00% APY* PLUS 10¢ back every time you use your debit card PLUS essential insurance. Why pay $13 dollars a month for cell phone coverage and another $10 per month for identity theft when we can use ACU’s cooperative buying power to get it all for $7 per month.
Here’s what you get with Affinity Checking Plus:
- 2.00% APY* on your checking account on amounts up to $25,000
- 10¢ back every time you use your debit card ($5 minimum)
- Cell phone repair coverage
- Identity theft coverage
- Reimbursements on ATM surcharges, nationwide ($10 maximum)
How does it work? Simple! Each month you need to:
- Have 15 debit card transactions post to and clear your account monthly
- Log onto ACU Online or ACU Mobile App at least once
- Be signed up for and receive e-statements
Looking to switch to an ACU account? Switch to America’s Credit Union with ClickSwitch
There’s nothing minor about it.
Who says you have to be over 18 to need a checking account? If you’re between 13 and 17, we have a checking account especially for you. ACU Teen Checking features many of the benefits of ACU checking while providing an excellent way to learn financial literacy.
With a qualified member 18 years or older as a joint owner on your accounts and a Teen Savings Account, you can start your Teen Checking account. You’re issued your own debit card which you can use to make purchases and pay bills. You’re also able to use online and mobile banking to track deposits, withdrawals, purchases and fees.
Contact ACU for more information or to open an account.
This is the perfect account for re-establishing your financial health. While Opportunity Checking has a monthly fee, you choose the amount:
- $8.95 per month when you have Direct Deposit of your entire payroll, pension, or Social Security check (at least $500 per month) to your checking account
- $10.95 per month without Direct Deposit to ACU
Opportunity Checking features:
- No minimum balance requirement
- Unlimited check writing
- Free mobile banking and mobile deposit
- Free and unlimited use of ACU Debit Card
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free and unlimited use of ACU ATMs
- Use of nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- Free eStatements
- 10 free non-credit union owned ATM withdrawals per month
- You can advance to another checking account type after you have 12 consecutive months with less than 12 Non-Sufficient Funds (NSFs) notices.